The Thomas Legacy Society at Fred Hutch is a special group of supporters who have made a commitment through a legacy gift to drive lifesaving cancer research and improve the lives of patients in the years to come.
As a member of the Thomas Legacy Society, you take part in a tradition of innovation exemplified by the Society’s namesakes, Don and Dottie Thomas. A founding scientist at Fred Hutch, Dr. E. Donnall Thomas developed bone marrow transplantation as a cure for leukemia — an achievement that earned him a Nobel Prize. His wife, Dottie, called the “mother of bone marrow transplantation,” worked by his side.
Thomas Legacy Society Luncheon 2016
What does a unique gift like this actually do? By making a gift for Fred Hutch in your will or trust, or by naming us as beneficiary on one of your financial or investment accounts, you contribute to:
- Research for discovering how to prevent, detect and treat cancer and related diseases.
- Upgrades to existing technology and acquisitions of new equipment.
- A variety of assistance and support for patients and their families.
- Staff and researchers who further the cause of curing cancer faster.
Benefits to you:
The difference you are making for patients and families through your legacy gift to Fred Hutch is commendable, and we want to show you our appreciation for your philanthropic vision. When you let us know about your generous gift, we’ll be thrilled to welcome you to the Thomas Legacy Society and you gain access to a number of benefits:
- The option to have your name included on the Thomas Legacy Society wall at Fred Hutch. (Of course, if you prefer to remain anonymous, we will respect that wish.)
- Your name added to the list of Society members in our online Annual Report.
- An exclusive invitation to the annual Thomas Legacy Society luncheon, and several other events.
- A personal tour of the Fred Hutch campus.
- Subscription to our e-newsletter, Hutch News, with the latest news and insider updates about upcoming events.
- The peace of mind and satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in the lives of those fighting cancer and related diseases for years to come.
Please let us know if you have included Fred Hutch in your estate plans. We would like to recognize you for your generosity and acknowledge you for making this commitment by welcoming you into the Thomas Legacy Society.
If you have any questions about creating your legacy with Fred Hutch, or if you need more information, please contact us. We can provide guidance on the many gift options available to you that will best suit your needs and philanthropic goals.