Thomas Legacy Society
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center’s Thomas Legacy Society honors generous people whose future gifts will improve the lives of patients for years to come. Individuals who establish a gift to Fred Hutch through their will, trust, or other planned giving mechanism are integral to accelerating life-transforming research.
Thomas Legacy Society members share a common bond: a commitment to accelerating lifesaving research and providing the best possible outcomes for people facing cancer. When you include Fred Hutch in your estate plans, you are ensuring that our leaders, scientists, and providers have the resources they need to meet the priorities of the future.
- Funding early-stage ideas that push the boundaries of science and are not yet eligible for federal funding.
- Discovering new ways to prevent diseases from ever occurring.
- Supporting early-career investigators who are working on the cures of the future.
- Investing in technology and equipment that accelerate discovery.
- Subsidizing the costs of housing, transportation, and other supportive services that patients and families need during treatment.
A tradition of giving
By becoming a member of the Thomas Legacy Society, you are upholding a long tradition of innovation exemplified by the Society’s namesakes, Don and Dottie Thomas. A founding scientist at Fred Hutch, Dr. E. Donnall Thomas won a Nobel Prize for developing bone marrow transplantation as a cure for leukemia. His wife, Dottie, worked by his side. Through a gift in their estate, these partners in research and life left a legacy of lifesaving scientific discoveries and generosity.
Today’s Thomas Legacy Society members are carrying on these values. Like the Thomases, you will leave a lasting mark on the world through your commitment to Fred Hutch.
Becoming a member of the Thomas Legacy Society
We encourage you to notify us of your gift intentions and share your recognition preference on the Statement of Intention form.
The following types of commitments qualify you for membership in the Thomas Legacy Society:
- Gift through a will or living trust.
- Beneficiary designation on a variety of assets, including IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s and qualified retirement plans, life insurance, brokerage accounts, bank accounts (checking, savings), donor advised funds, and real estate (via a “Transfer on Death” deed).
- Life income arrangement (charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust)
- Charitable lead trust.
- Remainder interest in your home or farm.
- Other planned gift arrangements.
Benefits of membership
We are deeply grateful for your generosity. When you notify us of your intended gift to Fred Hutch, you become a member of the Thomas Legacy Society and receive the following benefits and recognition opportunities:
- Your name on the Thomas Legacy Society wall at Fred Hutch*.
- Subscriptions to Fred Hutch News, a digital monthly news digest; and the Thomas Legacy Society newsletter.
- Invitations to our annual Loyalty Celebration and other exclusive events.
- A personalized tour of the Fred Hutch campus for you, your family members, and friends.
*We respect the privacy of members who choose to remain anonymous.
Thank you for considering such a generous gift — and if you have already arranged a gift, thank you for letting us know!
We invite you and your professional advisors to contact our Planned Giving team and visit our website at fredhutch.org/plannedgiving. We can provide more information on making a planned gift arrangement that is right for you and becoming a member of the Thomas Legacy Society. All inquiries are held in the strictest confidence and there is no obligation.
Please contact us today at 206.667.3396 or email@example.com.